During the month ahead, UNITY Alliance says it will continue work within the rail corridor at Yeronga station for building the Cross River Rail project.
Between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday, during March 2021, the following works are expected to occur:
- Continue platform 1 retaining wall construction and earthworks near the Lake Street station entrance
- Installation of a temporary pedestrian overpass foundations (the temporary pedestrian overpass will be installed and operational before the existing overpass is removed)
- Test piling on platform 1 to prepare for upcoming platform piling works
- Removal of station platform furniture (e.g. light poles)
- Identification and relocation of public utilities (water, sewer, communications and electrical)
- Track and maintenance works between Yeronga and Fairfield stations.
Cross River Rail is Queensland’s largest rail infrastructure project.