With time running short, this is your last chance to hear interesting speakers like Minister Saffioti at the WA Heavy Haul Conference.
WESTERN Australian transport minister Rita Saffioti is to deliver a keynote address at this month’s Heavy Haul Conference, providing an update on the state government’s transport projects and priorities.
This is to be among the first opportunities to hear from Minister Saffioti after the recent WA election.
The minister’s professional background is in economics, having worked in Treasury in Canberra and then for the WA government, before working directly for Premier’s Gallop and Carpenter in the previous state government, ultimately as chief of staff.
She was elected to State Parliament in 2008, and joined Mark McGowan’s Shadow Cabinet team in 2013.
Following the Labor election victory in March 2017, she was appointed the Minister for Transport; Planning, giving her the opportunity to deliver to a more integrated approach to transport and planning, and responsibility for delivering important commitments including the METRONET project and planning for the future Outer Harbour.
Other speakers include:
- Caroline Wilkie, CEO, Australasian Railway Association
- Lisa Stabler, president, Transportation Technology Center (TTCI) chair, United States of America International Heavy Haul Association
- Claire Pierce, executive commercial leader, Australia and New Zealand, GE Transportation, a Wabtec Company
- Anne-Marie Brits, acting executive director – freight, ports, aviation and reform, Department of Transport WA
- Sue McCarrey, chief executive, office of the National Rail Safety Regulator
- Marion Terrill, transport and cities program director, Grattan Institute