If you want to join the best and brightest minds in the rail industry to explore the future of safety, then attend this year’s RISSB Rail Safety Conference.
Now in its 20th year, RISSB’s annual event will bring a global speaker line-up and an immersive digital experience straight to your living room or workplace.
From panel discussions to online networking, plenary presentations to safety issues, the event is focusing on the topics that are most important to the rail industry, now.
RISSB’s flagship event will start at 11AM (AEDT) each day with high value sessions that will not only inform, but also inspire the rail community.
Six keynote speakers join an already carefully curated speaker line-up of industry leaders who are ready to challenge conventional thinking and deliver actionable insights over two jam-packed days.
RISSB’s speaker line-up includes:
- Allan Spence, Head of Corporate Passenger and Public Safety, Network Rail
- Captain David Evans, Check and Training Captain Airbus A380, QANTAS
- Marc Brazeau, President and Chief Executive Officer, Railway Association of Canada
- Sue McCarrey, Chief Executive, ONRSR
- Carolyn Walsh, Chair, National Transport Commission.
- Dr Mike Walker, Director, Transport Safety, Australian Transport Safety Bureau
- Tilo Franz, General Manager, Operations & Maintenance, CMET
- Kieran MacKenzie, CEO, Presien and Innovation Engineer, Laing O’Rourke
- Stewart Haycock, Project Manager, Operations Services, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Tim Proctor, Senior Consultant, Indec Consulting
- David McMah, General Manager Train Service Delivery, Queensland Rail
- Daniel Upton, Manager Continuous Improvement Zero Harm, Metro Trains Melbourne
- Neil Robinson, Consultant and Director, RGB Assurance
- Bill Palazzi, Director, Palazzirail
- Jamie Dean, Assurance & Improvement Manager Country Regional Network, John Holland
- Paul Nheu, Systems Assurance Manager, Digital Systems Program, Transport for NSW
- Celeste Young, Research Fellow, Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies, Victoria University
- Lindsay Holt, Rail Safety & Compliance Manager, Laing O’Rourke
- Craig Dance, General Manager – Safety Risk and Assurance, V/Line
- Russell McMullan, General Manager – CRL Assurance and Integration, City Rail Link Project NZ.
So much more than just a series of online presentations, your virtual ticket will also give you access to:
- More than 50+ Australian and international speakers
- Six keynote speakers
- Nine streams covering major rail safety issues
- Panel sessions including a brand new Safety Leaders Panel and our regular ‘Ask the Regulator’ session
- Get a sneak peek at construction of a world-class metro station beneath Australia’s largest capital city on a virtual tour with a difference
- Networking opportunities with registered attendees from more than 60 local and global organisations – send private messages, set up 1:1 meetings and video call other attendees
- Test your knowledge as you battle to win the coveted RISSB quiz champion crown (hosted by RISSB’s very own QuizMaster Jesse Baker)
- All approved papers, abstracts and technical content (available for download).
This year’s Rail Safety Conference will be held online from October 27-28, 2020.
For more information or to register to attend the conference, go to www.informa.com.au/event/conference/rissb-rail-safety-conference/.