The final railway tracks have been delivered to Cross River Rail’s Northern Tunnel Portal site in Brisbane.
In total, 9570 metres of railway tracks arrived and will be installed in the northern section of the Cross River Rail tunnels over the coming months.
Excavation and construction of the Northern Tunnel Portal structure is ongoing. With the gantry crane now removed, the final section of roof will be installed in June 2022.
Excavation and construction of the tunnel portal structure will involve:
• Transporting oversized plant and equipment
• Waterproofing, pouring a concrete slab and backfilling the roof
• Constructing the base slab and inner walls beneath the roof
• Installing precast roof components and constructing the roof slab
• Excavating, loading and removing excavated material with trucks