Now a nationally-recognised brand, hydraulic tools and specialised equipment supplier Specialised Force came from humble beginnings in Sydney, 35 years ago. Product and Marketing manager Kevin Harrold sat down with Rail Express, and explained how the company’s unique knowledge of the equipment supply sector has kept it in the game.
Rex: Kevin, how long has Specialised Force been in business?
Kevin: Specialised Force has been operating and expanding for over 35 years. Founded in 1982, the company has expanded from its head office in Sydney, to now operate in all states and territories, with an additional support distribution network covering all areas throughout Australia & New Zealand.
Rex: What makes you stand out?
Kevin: Specialised Force’s success rests on unique knowledge of specialised hydraulic, electrical tooling equipment and other products.
This includes synchronised lifting systems, torque equipment, heat exchanger, pipe maintenance equipment, Rail Equipment and overhead/underground power installation equipment.
We have a number of focused Business Areas:
- RAIL – Maintenance, Construction & Safety Equipment
- ELECTRICAL – Overhead & Underground Power Installation Machinery & Equipment
- MINING – Jacking, Maintenance Tools & Tensioning Devices
- OIL & GAS – Flange Maintenance, Alignment, Spreading & Torque Tools
- CIVIL INFRASTRUCTURE – Bending, Crimping, Punching & Cutting Tools
- INDUSTRIAL – Heavy Load Lifting/Shifting, Maintenance & Safety Equipment
- COMMUNICATIONS – Drum Handling Equipment, Rollers & Winches
- TRANSPORT – Jacks, Presses, Pullers, Repair Kits & Torque Tooling
Rex: What is Specialised Force looking forward to at AusRAIL PLUS 2017?
Kevin: We are looking forward to catching up with our existing customers and introducing new customers to our vast range of rail products.
Rex: What can visitors expect from your stand?
Kevin: The major focus of the stand will be on the company’s new rail catalogue. We will be featuring products from the following manufacturers:
- ALDON – 100 Year of Railroad Safety and Maintenance Products from Chicago USA
- AIRTEC – Scottish Quality Master35 Petrol Impact Wrench, High Impact Sockets & Railway Trolleys
- IPS (Innovative Parts and Solutions) – Rail Tongs, Pullers, Threaders & Measurement Gauges from Canada
- TRAK STAR – Large range of Rail Drills, Twister Rail Cutters & Accessories out of the USA
- FCS – Italian quality, Includes an extensive range of Railway Maintenance & Construction Equipment
- DURAPAC – Rail (Toe) Jacks & High Pressure Hydraulic Pumps
Rex: Who will be there, representing the business at the event?
Kevin: Among those on the exhibition floor will be our Brisbane Branch Manager – Jason Wilson and Brisbane account manager and Rail Equipment Product Specialist – John Kelly. We’ll also have Ian Taylor – Sales Director for IPS Canada, a manufacturer of Rail Handling Equipment & Track Tools.
Rex: Can people pre-book meetings at the stand?
Kevin: Yes! Please email our Brisbane branch manager, Jason Wilson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rex: Are you running any competitions or giveaways?
Kevin: Yes! Please leave your business card or register your details with us at stand 664 and go into the draw to win a St Andrews Golf putter, at the end of the show on Thursday. The putter has been kindly donated by AIRTEC International, manufacturer of the Master35 Petrol Impact Wrench, High Impact Sockets and Railway Trolley.
For a hard copy of Specialised Force’s newly-released 2017 rail catalogue, you can register at www.specialisedforce.com.au/catalogues/enquiry-hardcopy/2307 or download an electronic copy www.specialisedforce.com.au/catalogues/rail.
You can visit Specialised Force at Stand #664 at the AusRAIL PLUS 2017 Conference & Exhibition, which takes place in Brisbane from November 21 to 23. Find out more at AusRAIL.com.