Daily Top Stories
by Steph — last modified Sep 28, 2011 11:53 AM
- Napthine announces $100m Frankston upgrade — by Rail Express — last modified May 15, 2013 01:15 PM
- Victorian premier Denis Napthine announced in the recent Victorian state budget a $100 million in upgrades and maintenance work on the Frankston passenger line.
- Hunter Valley Network shut down for maintenance — by Rail Express — last modified May 15, 2013 01:13 PM
- One of Australia’s busiest rail networks has shut down for four days to commission new track infrastructure and finalise major upgrade works, the Australian Rail Track Corporation says.
- SCOTI agrees to National Land Freight Strategy — by Rail Express — last modified May 15, 2013 01:14 PM
- The federal government’s Standing Council on Transport and Infrastructure (SCOTI) has agreed to the National Land Freight Strategy.
- Aurizon partners with GE, SolveIT for new system — by Rail Express — last modified May 15, 2013 01:17 PM
- Aurizon has teamed up with General Electric and SolveIT Software for its new rail network planning system.
- Urban rail tabbed in budget — by Oliver Probert — last modified May 15, 2013 01:02 PM
- Melbourne Metro rail’s $9 billion tunnel project will be one-third funded by the federal government if Labor wins at the upcoming federal election, as announced in yesterday’s Federal Budget.
- Aurizon in talks to sell network stake — by Oliver Probert — last modified May 15, 2013 01:09 PM
- Aurizon is in talks with potential investors regarding the sale of a minority interest in its Queensland coal network.
- Rail before road, Greens demand — by Oliver Probert — last modified May 15, 2013 01:09 PM
- Federal member for Melbourne and deputy leader of the Greens Party Adam Bandt has threatened to introduce legislation to block funding for Melbourne’s East-West road tunnel if the Melbourne Metro is not funded first.
- News in Brief — by Oliver Probert — last modified May 15, 2013 01:20 PM
- McConnell Dowell acquires Macmahon Rail Plant Assets; AECOM engineers take double in Australasian Rail Awards; Queensland livestock line made permanent.