Daily Top Stories
by Steph — last modified Sep 28, 2011 12:53 PM
- How the HSR can be built for $63bn — by Oliver Probert — last modified Oct 31, 2014 02:50 PM
- A discussion paper commissioned by the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) has claimed that an Australian East Coast high speed rail (HSR) line could be built for just $63 billion – significantly less than previous estimates.
- Australia moves closer to next-gen freight rail system — by Cameron Boggs — last modified Oct 29, 2014 02:19 PM
- Deputy prime minister Warren Truss says the soon-to-be live tested Advanced Train Management System (ATMS) will transform the way freight rail infrastructure is managed and monitored across the country.
- Four corridors shortlisted for Parramatta Light Rail — by Rail Express — last modified Oct 30, 2014 01:56 PM
- Western Sydney is another step closer to having light rail after the initial ten options were shortened to four corridors for detailed studies, Transport for NSW has announced.
- ‘Policy on the run’ remains the catch cry — by Mark Carter — last modified Oct 30, 2014 01:26 PM
- COMMENT: Despite a long standing recognition that Australia’s transport policy planning lags way behind that of most other developed nations, our politicians seem unable to grasp that when it comes to good policy, they should be the last people to be involved, Mark Carter writes.
- Aurizon, banks down on Galilee — by Oliver Probert — last modified Oct 29, 2014 02:19 PM
- Aurizon’s coal volumes stagnated in the September quarter, and future coal development in Queensland’s Galilee Basin have suffered a major setback this week.
- Asciano grain figures victim of political cycle — by Oliver Probert — last modified Oct 29, 2014 02:19 PM
- Asciano chief executive John Mullen has suggested the short-sighted nature of Australia’s political system is hurting rural rail, after the ASX-listed operator announced substantial declines in grain volumes.
- Preferred bidder for Sydney CBD light rail announced — by Oliver Probert — last modified Oct 30, 2014 01:03 PM
- NSW minister for transport Gladys Berejiklian has announced the preferred bidder for the CBD and South East Light Rail project, and said the winning proposal features more capacity than previously planned.