Daily Top Stories
by Steph — last modified Sep 28, 2011 12:53 PM
- Inquiry finished into Sydney airport station access fees — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:34 PM
- A Legislative Council inquiry has recommended the establishment of a dedicated transport fund to receive revenue from station access fees at Sydney airport which will be reinvested back into the transport system.
- Aurizon, RTBU bargaining dispute intensifies — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:08 PM
- A long-running bargaining dispute between Aurizon and the Rail Tram and Bus Union (RTBU) intensified last week with Aurizon locking Hunter Valley coal train drivers out of their workplaces for 40 hours following strike action by drivers.
- Asbestos found in KiwiRail locomotives — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 05, 2014 05:41 PM
- KiwiRail suspended its fleet of 40 DL Chinese manufactured locomotives last Thursday after discovering they contain asbestos.
- Canberra light rail on track — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:44 PM
- The Capital Metro Agency has appointed a consortium to deliver technical advice for Canberra’s new light rail network.
- New CEO for KiwiRail — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:39 PM
- KiwiRail’s new chief executive, Peter Reidy, officially commenced his role with the New Zealand rail operator on Monday.
- Making rail freight work efficiently: ALC — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:42 PM
- The opening session of the ALC Forum 2014 will tackle one of the most pressing issues in Australia’s freight logistics industry – how to make rail freight work more efficiently.
- Queensland to be incorporated into national rail network — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:18 PM
- The Federal and Queensland Governments have agreed to investigate incorporating Queensland into the national interstate rail network.
- Roy Hill closing in on funding deal — by Rail Express — last modified Mar 04, 2014 06:48 PM
- Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill iron ore project remains on track to commence production in late 2015, with Reuters reporting it is nearing a multi-billion dollar loan agreement with a consortium of banks.