Daily Top Stories
by Steph — last modified Sep 28, 2011 11:53 AM
- New-look Infrastructure Australia — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 10:42 AM
- More details have emerged for the Federal Government’s new-look Infrastructure Australia (IA) with Mark Birrell succeeding Sir Rod Eddington as IA’s new chairman and John Fitzgerald appointed as the interim acting Australian Government infrastructure coordinator.
- SA’s Central Eyre Iron Project granted MPF status — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 11:16 AM
- The Federal Government has granted major project facilitation (MPF) status to Iron Road’s Central Eyre Iron Project in South Australia.
- Works start on Queensland rail maintenance centre — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 10:58 AM
- Construction has commenced on a new maintenance centre at Wulkuraka, near Ipswich, in preparation for Queensland’s new passenger trains.
- Tanner calls for smarter infrastructure funding — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 10:52 AM
- Chairman of the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) Lindsay Tanner has called for an institutional shift in the way the nation’s infrastructure projects are funded and financed when he appeared before the Productivity Commission’s inquiry hearing into public infrastructure last Wednesday.
- TasRail takes delivery of Chinese wagons — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 11:01 AM
- TasRail recently held an official ribbon cutting event at its Brighton Transport Transport Hub to mark the delivery of the last of 209 wagons from China’s CNR Shenyang Locomotive and Rolling Stock.
- Inland Rail and ATMS appointments announced: ARTC — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 10:55 AM
- The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has announced two key appointments for projects pivotal to driving Australia’s new rail freight future, the Inland Rail and Advanced Train Management System (ATMS) projects.
- VIC Gov to build Melbourne airport rail link — by Rail Express — last modified Apr 16, 2014 10:26 AM
- Victoria's premier Denis Napthine has pledged to build a rail link between Southern Cross Station and Melbourne airport.