QR National expands tonnages with Jellinbah
QR National has signed a new long-term haulage contract with Jellinbah Group Pty Ltd (Jellinbah) for the transport of coal from Lake Vermont mine.
Image: Mark Carter
QR National originally had contracts with Lake Vermont for 2 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) to the RG Tanna Cola Terminal (RGTCT) at Gladstone out to 2014.
A new performance based contract expands the tonnages to 4mtpa and extends the contract term to 2022. This is complemented by an existing contract for 6mtpa from Lake Vermont to Abbot Point which also expires in 2022.
The revised contracts mean that from July 2012, QR National will haul up to 10 mtpa of coal from the expanded Lake Vermont mine to the ports of RGTCT and Abbot Point.
QR National Executive Vice President Commercial and Marketing Paul Scurrah said the company was focussed on performance-based contracts that were underpinned by reliability, certainty of supply and safety.
“We are pleased to continue our long-term relationship with Jellinbah, and look forward to assisting their continued growth in Queensland,” he said.
Weekly Top Stories
- Napthine announces $100m Frankston upgrade
- Abbott ignores rail in budget response
- Hunter Valley Network shut down for maintenance
- SCOTI agrees to National Land Freight Strategy
- Aurizon partners with GE, SolveIT for new system
- Authority tells FMG to restructure pricing
- Urban rail tabbed in budget
- Aurizon in talks to sell network stake
- Rail before road, Greens demand
- Albanese: Get Metro done
- Call put out for Moorebank bidders
- News in Brief
- Cross River Rail in fund fight
- News in Brief