Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Qube, Aurizon’s Moorebank plans on track
- Back from the dead: Andrews re-animates Melbourne Metro
- Big swing in coal haulage race
- Nalder reveals design for Stadium Station
- Planning approval for CBD and South East Light Rail improvements
- WA junior signs deals with Brookfield, Aurizon
- Arrium stuck in take-or-pay deal with G&W
- Albanese asks: Where is IA chief?
- ATSB gets new commissioner, will probe recent incidents
- Yarra Trams boss on making trams safer
- Bradken’s US business under takeover microscope
- Hitachi set to buy Ansaldo STS
- SCT’s expanded Adelaide hub primed for growth
- ARTC set to re-open line after Kankool derailment
- “Arthritic snail”: Rail strikes could gum up Queensland coal