Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Narwee Station set for major upgrade
- Second harbour crossing good for NWRL
- More details on ARA’s RISSB review
- State could help build Galilee line
- Hunter Valley shutdowns this week
- Inland rail wins Asciano’s support
- PwC report: rail the best for growth