Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Not torn up, but turfed over: Newcastle crossings open
- Baird says NWRL is ‘$300m under budget’
- Thales, Alstom land $470m Hong Kong deal
- Japan’s next high speed rail line in testing phase
- Lowball Bradken acquisition goes off the rails
- Call for papers for AusRAIL 2015
- Call for commitment on G:link extension