Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Aurizon sees big lift in coal numbers
- Adani’s $16.5bn mine nod a win for POSCO
- Final Maldon-Dombarton railway report sent to govt
- Asciano wins NSW timber contract
- IHHA calls for 2015 conference papers
- Infrastructure boss slams sell-off delays
- Albanese calls out Coalition on Gold Coast light rail
- Roy Hill development hits half way mark