Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Canberra light rail gets green light
- New bidder enters John Holland race
- DB Schenker launches eastbound Europe-China rail option
- Alstom to deliver NWRL trains
- Services set for 2015 as SWRL completed
- AMCI, POSCO join Aurizon in Pilbara railway plan