Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- How the HSR can be built for $63bn
- Australia moves closer to next-gen freight rail system
- Four corridors shortlisted for Parramatta Light Rail
- ‘Policy on the run’ remains the catch cry
- Aurizon, banks down on Galilee
- Asciano grain figures victim of political cycle
- Preferred bidder for Sydney CBD light rail announced