Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Rio to save on Pilbara diesel
- Leighton sells John Holland to China
- Canberra light rail costs 18,000 Audi A3s
- Rail move key to Burnie Ports $12m upgrade
- Sometimes the numbers just don’t add up
- Newcastle rail drama as council switches sides
- Victorian Transport Association provisional CEO made permanent