Siemens wins QR locomotive contract
by LLDCN 12:46PM, 10 Mar 2003
Siemens has won a $41m contract to rebuild three 3100/3200 electric coal locomotive prototypes for QR.
Goninans North Queensland in Townsville will complete most of the physical rebuild work, with Siemens to design and supply electrical components.
The locomotives are expected to help QR improve its efficiency and effectiveness hauling coal, Queensland transport minister Steve Bredhauer said.
The work is expected to begin in four to five months and will take about two years to complete.
Weekly Top Stories
- Sydney Trains boasts impressive crowding stats
- Alstom fears lost Metro contract could see plant closure
- Moorebank releases Environmental Impact Statement
- NSW Labor promises to keep Newcastle Rail Line
- ATSB releases findings on Victorian level crossing collision
- Seven bidders named in $2.8bn NSW fleet race